Friday, July 5, 2013

Gluten Free Pineapple Coconut Carrot Cake


This recipe as evolved from one we use to enjoy from our " Better Homes and Garden - new Baking cookbook" ......before we switched completely to eating gluten/dairy/soy free.

Here's my current recipe :

Mix together in large bowl :

2 cups gluten free four blend ( if your blend doesn't contain xanthum gum I'd recommend adding 1tsp)
1 cup fine granular sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
sprinkle of sea salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup ground flax
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup unsweetened raisins

Mix together in smaller bowl or large measuring cup:

1 8oz can of crushed pineapple, juice and all
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup veggie oil
2 cups grated carrots
2 tsp apple cider vinegar

The original recipe calls for walnuts, sour milk & twice the amount of sugar.  If you like nuts...I'd add them in with the dry ingredients.  This cake is great on it's own....but if you'd like to dress it up with some icing and can do dairy....I'd recommend a tangy cream cheese icing.  Since we can't do that...I just use a store bought ready made vanilla icing....it does the job !  This cake even gets rave reviews from my white flour/sugar minimal veggie eating guys :)



Oooops!!! almost forgot ......bake at 350 in a 9 x 11 pan.  I always double to recipe and use my exlg glass pan......enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment