Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sweet treat to help get us back on track....:)

Wow !!! My last post was way back in July....How crazy is that?  All I can say is that we've been off living life.  I aspire to catch things up over the next couple of weeks.  I thought I'd start with sharing my newest creation.  I've been on the search for a good Chewy Macaroon recipe that was allergen friendly.  For us that means no   gluten, dairy, nuts or soy.  After a bit of trail and error I think I've got it right :)  So here it is:



Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroon Cookies Shepley Style

1 & 1/2 cup white sugar
6 cups unsweetened Coconut
1/2 cup + carton egg whites
tsp. pure vanilla
1 cup chopped Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks


Combine sugar and coconut in a large bowl.  Make a well.  Pour in egg whites & vanilla.  Start mixing with you favorite wooden spoon.  Mixture will be a mixture of sticky & crumbly if that makes sense.  If you find that it's really to dry just add a bit more egg white and stir again.  Add the chopped chocolate.  Stir up well and then let sit for a bit while your prep your pans and turn on the oven ( 350)..  For this recipe I found that using a metal pan lined with Parchment worked best.  I used the double spoon method to make my mounds and then with damp finders I carefully pressed them together on the pan.  They took about 12 minute to be golden brown.  Allow to cool a bit before trying to remove from the pan.  I hope you give them a try...there super yummy !!


No comments:

Post a Comment