Monday, July 19, 2010

on the road to Drumheller......

Four years ago my pal Denise and I had this crazy plan to go on a road trip together with our combined 7 children ranging in age from 2 to 10 ( 6 of whom have special needs).  Most people in my world think I'm nuts for road tripping with my kids the way I do......I remember being really nervous that Denise & I's friendship could be negatively affected. Looking back that was so silly of me ! It was a good trip.

Well I shouldn't have been surprised when Denise suggested joining us on our Drumheller leg of this years road trip.  This time though we were down to just 5 kids( 6 - 12 yrs) & up one rangy puppy.  After visiting with my sis Marina & her family for a few day we picked up Denise & Spencer from the ferry and headed off !!

Our first stop was in Revelstoke for the night.  Instead of fussing around with setting up the tent & all the cooking gear, we forked out the cash for a cabin here.  Which was a great decision if I do say so myself !!

( Picnic lunch at Lake Louise)

( Snack & a stroll through Banff)

( our first dinner on my new portable BBQ....new potatoes, greek seasoned pork steaks & grilled asparagus Mmmmm)



Our days together just flew by.  We made two trips to the Royal Tyrrell Museum.  A two day family pass was only $45.  It's a great deal !!  We treated ourselves to lots of ice cream & marshmellows which was off set by lots of hiking about & a trip to the pool/waterslide.  On our last day in Drumheller we trecked out to the HooDoos.  They were great to see & the kids got lots of exercise climbing around.

Denise & I have already been chatting about our next road trip.......we're thinking of heading south !!


No comments:

Post a Comment