Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cinnamon Raisin Buns

 
I haven't quite mastered the heart of making yeast doughs the old fashion way.... yet.  I have however figured out how to use my bread machine to make the dough for pizza & cinnamon buns.  I thought I'd share how I make my cinnamon buns:

Combine the following in order, in the bowl of your bread machine.
  - 1 1/3 cups milk
  - 2 tbsp sugar
  - 2 tbsp butter
  - 1 1/4 cups wholewheat flour
  - 2 cups ap flour
  - 2 tsp. cinnamon
  - 1 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast

Set on the " dough" setting and let it do all the fussy work.....When dough is finished roll out onto a floured surface into a rectangle.  Long side should roughly be the length of your rolling pin.  Lightly spread soft butter over dough, sprinkle with cinnamon & raisins.  Slowly role from the long edge into a log.  Slice into 12 equal size pieces.  Place pieces into baking pans.  Bake at 350 for approx. 30 mins.  Time depends on your oven & the type of pan used.

My kids REALLY like it when I top them with this yummy glaze from our Better Homes & Garden baking book:

Maple Glaze:

Heat 3 tbsp butter in small sauce pan for about 7 -10 minutes or until light brown.  Stir in 1 1/2 cups icing sugar & 1/4 cup maple syrup.  If needed stir in a little milk to thin enough for drizzling.

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious! Your goodies last night at meet the teacher night were great!
    Cori

    ReplyDelete