Monday, November 29, 2010

Granola grades 4/5/6 style....





This morning my school kids & I made a double batch of granola for some upcoming projects.  I've tried several recipies over the years.  I think I've found a keeper.....

Homemade Granola

2 1/2 cups regular or quick-cooking oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup seeds of your choice ( I like flax & sunflower)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 honey
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup dried fruit
1 cup nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1. Combine oats, coconut, seeds, nuts & dried fruit
2. In a small sauce pan combine the remaining ingredients over medium heat until bubbley
3. Drizzle over dry ingredients & stir until thoroughly coated
4. Spread mixture onto two baking sheets
5. Bake until golden ( 10 -15 minutes)
6. Remove from pan into heat resistant bowl & allow to cool completely

No comments:

Post a Comment