Sunday, April 15, 2012

a little kitchen time......

This afternoon I decided I was in the mood to do some concentrated kitchen time.  I enjoy the creative process.....I like challenging myself with new recipes or adaptions.......I thrive on the challenge of working my budget to allow us to eat the absolute best food I can provide.....I  relish in the peace that comes over me as I get into the zone......I soak in the " Good Mommy" energy that fills me has I create yummy goodness for my family.


We enjoy " Crisps" in this house.  This one is made from a mix of frozen peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & cranberries.  Today I made a topping with gluten free oats, rice flakes, cinnamon, ground & whole flax, vegan soy free margarine and a small amount of brown sugar.


As Liam requested some gluten/dairy/soy/nut free chocolate chip cookies and some applesauce muffins.  Some with with pecans for Anthony & Keisha and some without for the rest of us.
 

This morning we had buckwheat/rice pancakes.  I made a huge batch so that we can reheat them over the next couple of mornings.  Sometimes with pure maple syrup & vegan margarine.  Sometimes with nut butter and homemade jams.  We'll be having Tuna salad mix & Chicken Quesidia's ( made with corn tortillas) for this weeks lunches.  I've pulled out the Chicken stock to thaw in preparation for this weeks soups.  I'm thinking Butternut Squash and Vegetable rice.  The rice cooker is on and the Greek seasoned Chicken Breasts are roasting.

The beginning of this week will be quite busy.  We're going to start placing the blocks amongst other things.  My puttering today will provide me with many stress free meals through out this upcoming week and help in the never ending mission of feeding my small little tribe.  I LOVE how well they eat and how they appreciate good food....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment