Thursday, April 12, 2012

Our current favourite breakfast.......


Waffles....gluten/dairy/soy/sugar free as usual.  One of the many blessings of not doing the crazy school run in the morning, is having the time to make and enjoy a real breakfast together !  We rarely eat boxed cereal anymore.  I've messed around with several flour combinations....this is currently our favorite.....

2 cups white rice flour
2 cups organic brown flour
1 cup millet flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/2 ground flax
2 tsp xanthum gum
4 tbsp gf baking powder
4 egg whites whipped
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup oil
2-3 cups liquid ( rice milk/water is what I usually use)
2-3 cups frozen fruit ( this morning it was blueberries)

We don't usually eat the entire batch the first morning.  This morning there was 7 left over.  Since I know that we have some earlier mornings coming up I'm going to toss these in the freezer to save me some time down the road.  I'm really happy with how this little electric waffle maker works.  It has been lugged around all over the place from campsites to motels in and out of suite cases and bins.  It's super durable !!



No comments:

Post a Comment