Sunday, February 14, 2010

a little chip, cheese & sauce.....

I'm not one for making a small amount of anything. Mass efficient cooking is what works best for my crew. We tend to turn it into a couple different meals & sometimes some may make it to the freezer for a quick midweek meal. Tonight was an old favorite that comes with a little story. I started being the main cook when I was around 12 or 13.

One day I decided to have some left over sauce with shredded cheese & tortilla chips. My own version of salsa & chips ( I don't eat raw tomatoes). Well my sister Marina decided that she didn't mind eating it despite it containing vegetables ! Funny how we change
. This is the same sister who was a vegetarian for most of her twenties, well until she was pregnant and the graving for steak took over !!

So here's the set up: your will need 1 bowl homemade pasta sauce
1 bowl shredded cheese
1 bowl of your favorite tortilla chips
1 tall glass of ice water
1 full sized bib if your an enthusiastic eater

Having a family full of food restrictions and sensitivities sometime has it challenges. This meal is fun, healthy ( well if you ignore all that salt on the chips) & is totally inclusive ( GF chips & soy cheese make an easy substitute)

Here's a bonus shot. Look who's trying to get a little sauce for herself. Sorry little girl..no dairy, salt or sugar for you !!!

Tomorrow night we'll have pasta and steamed veggies a more traditional meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment