Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Some days I teach


When I was a little girl I was always drawn to organizing, nurturing, helping & care taking. It doesn't surprise me that apparently I wanted to be a " teacher, mommy & nurse" when I was little. It's funny how a persons strengths/talent/direction can make it self clear so early on.

Early last year I was asked by our principle to help with developing the schools " Healthy School Program". I had know idea how much I was going to enjoy my new found job. I don't receive any pay or freebies. I do however get to cook, play and teach about something I enjoy very much !

One of the program we're doing is called " Tastes". Every couple of weeks each classroom receives a bowl of a certain fruit or veggie. We discuss how it's grown, where we get this food, what it does to our body and finally everyone get to try some. Today was all about " Broccoli" one of my personal fav's.

No comments:

Post a Comment