Thursday, August 12, 2010

The weight has been lifted.....

after much mulling and internal discussion I've decided that re opening my home is not the right choice. 

In my 20 years of working in & around the foster care system I've seen & experience both the highs and the lows.  I think it's time to move in a different direction.  I have a strong deep passion for supporting care givers and have been offered the possibility of taking over the education facilitator position for the north island.  This position has sat empty for the most part for years.  It was temporarily filled last Fall.  My name was put forward as a good replacement.  I have enjoyed previous opportunities to work with care givers, to help educate, share my experiences and knowledge all of which I have really enjoyed.  I'm excited at the prospect of getting back into it.

This September all of my children will be in full time school.  I have always believed that opportunities present themselves at the right time in our lives.  This position will allow me to stay connected to my hearts biggest passion.  I'll be able to set my own hours, which will mean that I can continue being an active participant in my kids schooling. This doesn't fill our desire for more family members.  I guess we'll just have to see what opportunities present themselves.  If it's ment to be it will....right !


It's amazing how light you feel when you know you've made the right choice !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment